Your attitude is a choice. “Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself,” George Bernard Shaw says. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. We love this video for work attitude:
1. When is the best time to do each thing?
2. Who are the most important people to work with?
3. What is the most important thing to do each day?
The answers are:
1. The most important time is now. The present is the only time over which we have power.
2. The most important person is whoever you are with.
3. The most important thing is to do good to the person you are with.
Love yourself. Be kind and talk kind to yourself. Love others as yourself. Know that you are worthy of love and belonging. Don’t change yourself to fit in. Have the courage to be who you are. (From Brene Brown’s books).
Be the solution. Credit and blame cause comparison and competition, which discourages creativity. Be the solution. “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit,” Harry S. Truman
“Choosing authenticity means cultivating the courage to be emotionally honest, to set boundaries, and to allow ourselves to be vulnerable; exercising the compassion that comes from knowing that we are all made of strength and struggle and connected to each other through a loving and resilient human spirit; nurturing the connection and sense of belonging that can only happen when we let go of what we are supposed to be and embrace who we are.” – Brene Brown This often means letting go of what other people think and being true to yourself.